12/27/11

Wrap It Up!

Year end wrap up...
  • The Mitchells had another blessed year.  Our family grew by one beautiful little girl in June.  Avenn is such a blessing and sweet addition to our family. We were certainly meant to be a family of five.
  • I found out my blog is reaching people, I began receiving emails stating a family had been formed due to a post on my blog.  My heart grew a little.
  • We went through a remodel, a busted washer resulting in a small flood, and another remodel.
  • Oklahoma experienced a blizzard in February creating a little cabin fever around here.
  • We took vacations to Disney World, Colorado, Branson and San Francisco.
  • My kid toting SUV was stolen right out of our driveway.  It was later found totaled.  The bad guys were never found but my car was replaced and we were back on the road.
  • Our oldest son started kindergarten and he began riding lessons.
  • Our three year old proclaimed he is a cowboy and he only wears boots. He has stuck by his proclamation.
  • Brian and I celebrated twelve years of marriage.
  • I continued to blog about all things adoption although my time for blogging has become very limited.  Perhaps less is more?
  • Brian's firm celebrated two years of successful practice and he finalized several adoptions for local families.
  • We added another dog to our family.  Sweet Maizey Lulu.
We still have our fingers crossed we will finalize Avenn's adoption by year end, although hope is fading.  2011 was  a great year.  Life is good for the Mitchells.








Photobucket

1 comment:

A Life Being Lived said...

Love the photos and the wrap-up! I placed my daughter with a family that has two sons so she is the baby sister as well :) What cuties and such fun personalities they have! Love your little cowboy!Avenn's booties are amazing. Lots of love and joy to your family in 2012!