4/2/12

Advocate

One of my very favorite adoptive families is gearing up to celebrate their daughter's adoption day. The adoptive momma asked for ideas for something special they could do to celebrate.  My brain actually fired on all cylinders and I came up with the idea that they should donate a couple adoption books to their school or county libraries.  Reading is a favorite activity of their little girl and making a donation to the library is right up her alley.

As soon as I sent my message to this adoptive momma I thought what a great idea for us too.  I imagine our school library has few if any books about adoption.  If we all donated a book we could definitely make a difference.

If you like this idea too feel free to add to your local library as well.  Let's advocate adoption!

Here is the cover of one of my favorites...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to celebrate!!!

andrea said...

i would love to see a list of your favorite adoption related children's books!

Adoptive Momma said...

Excellent idea Andrea! I'll work on it.