12/10/12

Missing Elf

We do not Elf on the Shelf and I was under the impression we may be the only parents on the planet who do not spend their evenings coming up with Elf hijinks.  I never thought much about it. We always assumed our boys would never believe the Elf hype.  They are evil masterminds and if they thought a rat was in the building that sucker would end up hog tied and gagged.  I am certain of it.  We'd have an Elf hostage on our hands.

Apparently, we are not the only people who do not subscribe to the Elf mania.  After my post on Facebook I found out many of my FB friends do not Elf either.  They are also raising evil masterminds or they are completely freaked out by a creepy spy elf.

I am glad to know we are not failing our kids by not starting this popular tradition providing them with a lifetime of Elfness that can be passed on to their own kids...yada yada yada.

All this Elf talk started for Brian and I because I stumbled upon the book Spending the Holidays With People I Want to Punch In the Throat which is written by Jen who blogs at www.peopleiwanttopunchinthethroat.com.  Apparently, last year she went on a blog rant about over achieving moms who go above and beyond to Elf.  Her hilarious rant snowballed, her blog blew up with new subscribers and her post turned into a book, which I found this weekend while seeking out something humorous to read.

The author is a sarcastic, foul mouthed, underachieving, blogging mother of two.  A woman after my own heart.

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Mike and Katie said...

No elf here either. Creepy and dishonest. Not my style. My mom never did Santa either so I'm passing along that tradition. I'm guessing my grandparents never did it with their kids either.