9/16/14

Maizey

Maizey Lulu Mitchell is our 3 year old Bassett Coonhound mix.  She was born in March 2011 and we got her so the boys would have a puppy.  Every boy needs one right?  Our other dog Maggie was elderly and not the least bit interested in the time and energy two little boys had to invest in her.  So we were getting a puppy.  How exciting!

I spearheaded the hunt for a dog because I knew I'd be house breaking the darn thing and I was afraid the boys and my husband would find a dog that marked his territory all over our house and weighed 200 lbs.  I found Maizey on Craigslist.  Puppies: Free to a good home.

Little did I know Avenn would be born just a few months later and I'd be house training the dog while caring for a newborn, toddler and young child.  Apparently, I needed something to keep me busy.  They say keep your mind busy while waiting to adopt right?  Done.

So here we are three glorious years later and Maizey is an only dog.  A spoiled, pain in the neck, but I wouldn't trade her for anything only dog.  Ol' Maggie lived to see 14 years and we miss her.  Maizey misses her too but has settled into her only dog status quite well.

Avenn and I were shopping for some fall/winter clothes today when we saw doggie KC Chiefs jerseys.  Being the Chiefs fans that are we are; we of course bought Maizey a jersey.  Adorable right?



So adorable in fact, Brian said you should take her with you to pick up the boys from school.  That husband of mine is full of great ideas.  So here we are...




I'm covered in drool, dog breath, and doggie kisses.  Pretty sure I'm her favorite.  

The seat belt alarm keeps going off because Maizey is a lil large in the rear. Me too dog, me too.


I hope the boys appreciate the ride along.

Maizey Lu sure has enjoyed herself.

No comments: