9/1/14

Busy, Busy, Busy

Once school begins the year is over before you know it.  Having a new home gives us no shortage of projects to keep us busy. Anytime our parents come to visit we pretty much put tools in their hands and keep them busy as well.

This weekend my parents came to visit and it was no different.


Our new home is much larger than anything we have lived in before and I am not one to head out and buy up new furniture.  I love old.  I love to give new life to something that has already had a life before.  The flea market is my favorite place to shop for home furnishings.

I purchased a dining table many months ago.  It is solid oak with claw feet and I loved it immediately.  I sanded it down and repainted, sanded and antiqued the table for our dining room.




I needed chairs.  So I hit the flea market again.  I found these inexpensive, very old solid wood chairs with very ugly gingham padding.

I had never recovered chairs before so I enlisted my mother to help me.  By the end of this project we felt like professional reupholsters.

The dining room is nearly complete it just needs a few finishing touches.




So much left to do at the house but we need to have some fun too!  The boys had a rodeo...





 



Little sister looked adorable for cowboy church...

My parents headed home and we headed to the ballpark to watch some minor league baseball...




Just another fantastic weekend at the Mitchell house.


No comments: