5/11/09

Mother's Day Weekend

Brian took the whole weekend off, a Mother's Day gift in itself! We spent our Saturday at a small festival here in town and at the Art Walk down on the Riverwalk. It was fun and nice to be outdoors since the last two weeks we have only had a few days of sunshine. Brice was able to see animals at the festival's petting zoo and win a few prizes at the carnival games. Unfortunately, I did not have my camera with me this weekend and have nothing to show for any of our fun.

Brian and the boys got me cards and a gift certificate to go shopping for Mother's Day. I'm not sure what I'll buy myself, but I can't wait to spend it.

We drove to Neosho on Sunday to spend the day with Brian's mom. Dana was in town because Brian's grandpa had hip surgery and she was heading back to work today. Rick wasn't able to come with her and we didn't want her to spend her Mother's Day alone. We packed up the kids and took her out to lunch. We were also able to see Brian's grandpa while we were in town. He's doing great and we hope healing quickly.

We had a great weekend and now it's Monday and back to reality!

No comments: