8/2/10

Nesting

Thankfully, we are not pack rats.  It makes the nesting period so much easier.  We cleaned out closets yesterday.  I always clean out the closets right before baby arrives.  For some reason, closet cleaning is my nesting ritual.  This time, we were actually cleaning them because our floors are being installed but it was nesting nonetheless.

I went through our baby items and set aside onesies and blankets that are neutral colors and do not contain dinosaurs, sports, trains and trucks.  This is a first for me!  It has been fun buying some pink, purple and flowers.

Preparing for baby number three is much easier than the first baby and even the second.  We have everything we need, except we always buy a new infant car seat.  Actually, that is my parents' gift to us.  We never use the old ones because they change and improve so often we get the latest and greatest.

I washed bottles and pacifiers, organized burpies and blankets.  We could have a baby any day now, can you believe it?!  I hope she at least waits until the messiest of home projects are completed and we can bring her home to some piece and quiet.

My friend Jessica is meeting with a birth mother today.  Her husband is away serving our country and she will be handling this meeting alone.  Send her some good vibes and a few prayers today, she'll need it.  We want Jessica and her husband to become parents soon!