7/14/09

A beginning...

I'm a mother to two healthy, happy, over active, rambunctious boys...and I love it. At one time I wasn't sure that my husband and I were going to be given the opportunity to become parents but if there is a will, there is a way. We were led to a domestic adoption agency and were matched with a birth family and became parents of our first son in 2005. We decided a few years later that we would like to adopt again and became parents of another son in 2008.

When we started our journey, we felt like fish out of water. We had no idea where to start or who to turn to. We began searching the Internet and assembled as much information as we could get our hands on about domestic adoption. We rode an emotional roller coaster with big rewards at the end. We sometimes felt we were the only people going through this process, therefore, I decided to start this blog. After discussing it with my husband and deciding maybe this could be helpful to someone somewhere I decided to go for it.

My goal is to provide people with a sounding board, some basic information about domestic adoption, what it's like on this side, some links to helpful information, and hopefully contacts with agencies throughout the United States. Maybe I'll answer a question for someone who is looking into adoption or maybe a question from parents who have already adopted. I don't know, but I hope someone finds this blog to be useful and a starting point to their adoption journey.

I cannot wait to tell you a little bit more about our journeys to parenthood so please stay tuned...

No comments: