9/14/10

Road Trippin' Granny Update

I told you in my Tough Cookie post that Road Trippin' Granny had fallen and broken her femur last month while visiting our family.  Well, since her fall she has been hitting the gym!  She has been attending regular physical therapy sessions and working hard to regain her strength and mobility.

My mother has been staying with her the past couple of weeks at her home in Kansas helping to care for her and driving her to and from her appointments.  Apparently, my mom has also been making sure Granny is doing her exercises because today they went to the doctor and Granny was released.  

Tomorrow Granny hits the road again.  Only this time, she will be driving herself to her physical therapy session.  My mom will stay with her the rest of the week until my dad arrives this weekend to pick her up and bring her home.

Granny fell on August 14th, she was released from the doctor's care on September 14th following a major medical procedure.  Generally when a senior falls and breaks a leg/hip they may lose their independence, not my grandma.  She is truly one tough cookie!

No comments: