7/24/11

Just So Happy

I cannot find the time to blog lately.  I am too busy smiling.  For the first time in the last decade we are not actively trying to have a child.  For the first time in the last six years we are not actively pursuing adoption or keeping our adoption "stuff" together and current.

We made our way through the trenches and came out the other side.  We were able to adopt three healthy, beautiful babies within six years.  I do not believe that is common.  Many adoptive parents wait that amount of time attempting to adopt their first.  We are so fortunate.

When my kids are grumpy and they finally get over it they will say "Mom, I'm happy."  I am happy too.  So happy you could not slap the smile off of my face.

As we were trying to go to sleep last night and I heard the pitter patter of little feet sneaking through the darkness heading toward our room I laid there smiling.  This is the greatest time of our lives.  Life is good.

Our family is complete.  Our hearts no longer ache for one more.  We are a family of five.  We are just so happy.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

This is beautiful. It's pretty nice to be able to file all the paperwork away.

kkasun said...

I am so happy for you and your family! You must feel so content!!!!

April said...

It's a great feeling. I can totally relate.

It Is What It Is said...

Congratulations and I cannot WAIT to have that feeling. It is why I continue to wait for a match and not throw in the towel...because I want my family to be complete.

S.I.F. said...

I am so happy for you AM3. This post just brightened my night. All my love to you and your complete family!

EnglishR said...

Beautiful post, congratulations again xx

A Life Being Lived said...

This is such a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing your joy. I am a birthmom, and placed my daughter a little over a year ago. She was also the third child to join her family (and I believe they are now finished building their family as well). They have a 3 year old, 2 year old and 1 year old. As you said it is not common for adoptions to happen so quickly (all of their children came to them from unrelated circumstances, states, agencies, etc) I ache for the parents who are still hoping and waiting. I thank you for the patience and faith you had in believing that your children would join your family when time and grace allowed. My daughter's parents have mentioned many times how fortunate they feel and how amazed they are at the grace of God that has allowed them to raise their children. So many people do not know the struggle it is for many to bring children into their family. I am so happy that your arms and hearts are full.