1/17/12

Crash and Burn

This is Brice and Lucky.   

Lucky is one of the many horses Brice rides.  Last night Lucky went for a run and took off...with Brice on his back.  Brice did his very best to get him to stop and did not panic.  He did everything he has learned and tried with all his might to get Lucky to stop.  Lucky kept going and Brice bit the dust.  Literally.  

Brice is fine and did not shed a tear.  He dusted himself off and got right back up in the saddle.  I was very proud of him.

Tonight Brice had another lesson.  I thought he might be timid about riding again but he woke up this morning and said to me, "I want to ride Lucky, he's fun!"  

I think he has found something he really loves.  I hope he decides to ride for a long time.  It's a lot of fun to watch him, except when he falls...that makes my heart stop.

Tonight he rode Twister.  He asked his trainer Ms Kelly if he could ride Lucky but she said her heart could not handle it.  She was still having palpitations from his fall last night.  She also bent over laughing when I told her what he said this morning.  

Brushing down Twister getting him ready to be saddled.
Loving on Alley one of the barn cats.  

1 comment:

Mommy3 said...

What a sweet boy! And how fun that he rides. Glad he's okay.