2/2/12

Groundhog Day

Adoptive Momma down.  No, those savage groundhogs did not get me.  I have been away from my blog because last Friday I squatted down to help Rogan put on his cowboy boots and when I stood up my knee popped and locked in place.  As many of you know, I have had several knee surgeries so I am used to having issues with my knee but this time I did myself in for a few days.

My mother came to help me with the kids while Brian went out of town for business.  Of course, my mother likes to treat me like an complete invalid when I have knee problems.  She means well but it sort of drives me nuts although I am sure she gets some enjoyment out of driving me nuts too.

She left this morning after only making sure I was okay.  As you may know if you have been a long time reader of my blog Punxsutawney Phil has special meaning to our family.  Every year on Groundhog Day my parents do their best to harass their only child.

As I have previously posted, as a small child I did not fully understand Groundhog Day so I developed my own idea.  I imagined Groundhog Day to be a day when giant, ferocious, swine beasts came out of the woods to run wild.  In my mind it was much too dangerous to step outdoors. Instead of putting my sweet, innocent mind at ease my parents ran with it.  So, for the last 30+ years I have been tormented annually.  Today was no different.  The last few years I wake on Groundhog Day to check my email and find something like this...
The Groundhogs are coming!
The Groundhogs are coming!
Don't you just love tormenting your children?
Happy Groundhog Day!

Mom & Dad

I can’t quite put my finger on it.
But there is something strange going on.
There’s something different but I can’t quite put my finger on it.
Did you ever have the feeling you were being watched?
There seems to be defiance in the air.
It’s kind of a Godfather like feeling.
But don’t you worry; Chuck has got your back.
Aren’t family traditions GREAT!

Happy Groundhog Day!

And here it is my email for Groundhog Day 2012...

HOLY CRAP!!!  I almost forgot.
It’s Groundhog Day
Let’s have some fun and go scare Anna
Happy Groundhog Day!


And there you have it, some families have nice normal family traditions...then there is us.  Have a great day everyone and be safe out there!


2 comments:

rico said...

Its cute, nice post...

Adoption Services

S.I.F. said...

Hahaha! That's hilarious... and I did not even realize today was groundhogs day. Did he see his shadow?

Hope you're back to feeling like yourself again lady.