7/6/09

Griswold Family Vacation

The Griswolds made it through another road trip. This year we went to Texas for a week to spend time with my family. We went with my parents to Dinosaur World and Fossil Rim Park in Glen Rose, TX. Brice loved Dinosaur World. He ran full speed through the dinosaur trail, but that's just Brice. The adults were all suffering trying to keep up with him in the relentless Texas heat. He was so excited, he couldn't wait to see what was around the next corner. He kept looking back to us and waving saying, "come on guys, look at this!". My cousin and his family and my aunt and uncle met us in Glen Rose. We all went to Fossil Rim Park which is great. It is a 9.5 mile drive through animal park. You stop halfway through to visit the petting zoo, gift shop and snack bar. You are able to feed the animals by dropping food from your car window all the way through the park. The giraffes come up to your car and you are able to hand feed those. It was a blast.
After Glen Rose, we followed my family back to my aunt and uncle's home in Lampasas. They have about 10 acres and the kids were able to feed chickens, pet some goats, climb on tractors, ride in golf carts and play with the dogs. They had so much fun and were covered in dirt (and other stuff I'm sure) from head to toe.
The rest of the week we spent at my parent's house in Denton. We took the kids to a water park and spent time with my cousin Tracee and her husband Derek. They brought poor Louie their puppy over to hang with Brice again. Poor dog, he ran non stop with Brice for two days and even responded when Brice consistently called him RUE-WEE. My parents set up a miniature water park in their backyard so the kids had three swimming pools to play in. The adults took advantage of the cold water to cool off too.
We had a great trip and lots of fun with all my cousins, second cousins, cousin-in-laws, aunt, uncle and my parents. We hope they all had as much fun as we did.

2 comments:

Mrs Garrett said...

What fun - we are going to see the dinosaurs at Glenn Rose at the end of the month when we have Wylie here - we haven't been there yet and I can't wait to check it out.

shelley said...

Love the "Griswold" title!! That all sounded like so much fun.