9/22/09

10 Things About Me

One of my blog buds had this post today as well, but believe it or not I did not steal the idea from her.  I will admit I stole the photo idea from her.  It makes the list much more interesting...don't you think?  I was going to start Fall (my favorite season) off with a post to help you get to know me a little better.  Here are 10 things I do not believe I have shared with you before:
  1. I dislike feet.  I think feet are gross.  Long toe nails and dirty feet disgust me.  I have received two pedicures in my life and although it was relaxing I sat there the entire time thinking, how does she do it?   How does she massage and work on feet all day, I would be ill. 
  2. I love Facebook.  I check it a million times a day.  Maybe not a million, but a lot.  I read all the updated statuses and post a status for myself on a regular basis.  It's fun to see old friends and familiar faces again.
  3. If life could be sustained on Dr. Pepper alone, I would do it.  I'm a Pepper!
  4. I often laugh when things don't go my way.  I figure it is God showing me he has a sense of humor.  If I trip, I laugh outloud.  When the doors were stolen off of our Jeep Wrangler, I almost fell down laughing.  Our luggage was lost, flight cancelled, we were ripped off by a taxi driver, stranded in a horrible hotel room, my husband and I couldn't fall asleep because we were laughing so hard we cried.  Maybe we just have a sick sense of humor?
  5. I have a degree in education.  I've never taught a day in my life. 
  6. I secretly wanted boys.  I did not think I would be a good mother to a girl.  I am not very sensitive and I was a tomboy.  I feared pink dresses and ruffles.
  7. I've known my husband since we were 10 years old and I think he has gotten better with age.
  8. My husband and I compare ourselves and our lives to the Griswolds, it is not much of a stretch of the imagination.  I tried my hardest last year to find him a pair of white patent leather loafers to wear on vacation.  He would have worn them, with a pair of Calvin Kliens and a Lacoste shirt.  It would have been hilarious.
  9. I hate cockroaches.  We have never had them in our home and I swore we would move if we ever did.  Cockroaches give me the creeps.
  10. I smile a lot.  I was awarded Best Smile in high school.  I think it's my best feature. 

Photo taken from my high school year book. 

Now you know a little more or maybe too much about me.

4 comments:

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Yay! I love it! First things first are we not friends on facebook!?!? If not that needs to be fixed asap! Also the feet thing OMGoodness do I understand that! I can't stand feet..oh and when men with hairy toes wear flip flops I just about die!!!

Val said...

That was great - I am right there with you on the first 3 posts - however I do like my girls feet and can kiss them all day - but I only do it after their baths! I do like pedis but only because I know my feet are clean. You know I'm just as addicted to FB as you and Dr Pepper - I could live on it alone - some days I would rather have that as my "meal" than real food - I'm sure this is not he role model for my girls that I want! Also I wanted boys too - I was so scared of pink and ruffels - but wouldn't change it for the world - they have made me so girlie and I love it! I firmily believe God gives you what you need - apparently I needed to be a little more girly!

Mike and Katie said...

Fun stuff!

shelley said...

Loved this post. I read it with a smile on my face the whole time, thinking yep that's Anna!! So glad we were able to get back contact even if only through the blogs!!