9/10/09

Adoption Subsidy

Brice is going to be starting speech therapy this week because he needs to develop his communication skills a little more.  As I was scheduling apppointments and getting things squared away, I remembered an adoption subsidy mentioned to us when we finalized the boys' placements.  Our agency told us about an adoption fund available to adoptive parents.  I have just begun filling out the paperwork.  It appears the fund may be based on financial need and not everyone will qualify but it never hurts to try.  I wanted to share this information with you because it is a well kept secret.  Unfortunately, the information for Texas, the state from which my boys were adopted, is hard to get a hold of and some of it is outdated.  Please check the following link http://www.childwelfare.gov/adoption/adopt_assistance/questions.cfm?quest_id=9.  I hope it will at least give you a starting point if your adopted child needs extra care after placement.

2 comments:

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Great Info for those who needs it:) Thanks for sharing:)

Jennifer Porter said...

Just stumbled across your blog. I'm always excited to find other adoptive moms blogging about their experiences!

Jenn @ http://buildingmommymuscles.blogspot.com