12/9/10

This Time of Year...

During the holidays, I think of our sons' birth families almost daily.  I believe the families are in my thoughts because this is when we pause and are grateful.  There is nothing I am more grateful for than my family.  Without the birth families, infertility, and adoption I would not be so blessed.  Our road was not always an easy one to travel but the trip sure was worth it.

We send update letters and Christmas photo ornaments to the adoption agency for the families.  We include a lot of photos, a drawing or craft created by the kids, and do our best to inform them how the boys have changed and grown over the last year.  We discuss their accomplishments and developmental milestones.  We pick up where we left off in our letters we sent on the boys' birthdays.

I pause and wonder about the birth parents many times throughout the year but over they holidays they are on my mind and in my heart.

2 comments:

Muliebrity said...

I am sure they are just as grateful for you.

A Life Being Lived said...

As a birthmom I love hearing to know we are thought of. We think of you a lot also! (Adoptive parents). I think of my placed daughter all the time but it is always in the context of her family- her brother reading to her, or her mom giving her a bath. You are as much a blessing to us as anything :)