12/2/10

Grumpy

I tell myself, this too shall pass.  It has become my mantra.

I bought some quiet time today thanks to The Polar Express.  He loves choo choos and I am very thankful for that.

These are the moments in parenting when you have to stop and remind yourself.  I begged God to make me a mother.  I told Him I wanted to experience dirty diapers, sleepless nights and the terrible twos.  I pleaded to become a mommy.

Well, He definitely answered my prayers and has decided He is not going to cut me any slack.

A short time from now we will look back and laugh at his roller coaster of emotions.

We will giggle about him laying down in the aisle of the store and screaming until people begin to peek around the corner wondering if a child is being injured.

He wants to be heard and he doesn't care who's listening.

I promised I would always be the best mommy I could be. So, right now I am going to lay down next to Grumpy to watch some choo choos.

Are we crazy to want to do it all again?  No, we do not think so.  We love parenting.

Despite it all, we are asking God to give us one more chance to experience tantrums, diapers and sleepless nights.

Grumpy- our emotional two year old, the sweet smile and dimples can fool you.  Cute isn't he?  Grumpiness and all.

No comments: