4/15/11

Home Study Update

In Oklahoma, home studies are good for one year.  Our year is nearly up.  We were contacted by our agency a week or so ago asking for us to schedule a time for an update.

The update is no big deal.  Really it isn't.  The agency social worker will come to our home and sit down with us for a few minutes and ask a few questions.  Have we had any major changes since our home study?  Employment change? Illnesses?  Financial changes?  Stuff like that.  Afterward she will go on her merry way and update our paperwork in what I am sure will not take too much time out of her life.

As for us it only serves as a reminder.  A reminder that we are still waiting. Another year has passed.  As for me, I keep hearing the tick tock tick tock loud and clear in my ear.  The wait continues..


7 comments:

Muliebrity said...

I am waiting with you. I was hoping your last vacation was going to be your lucky charm. Hopefully soon, sister.

It Is What It Is said...

The waiting IS the hardest part. Waiting right along with you.

Anonymous said...

I am in the exact same place...sitting here trying to think of anything else that I can do to make this happen faster.

J said...

AZ is 18 months...we have 9 more months or we have to renew. It's crazy to think we've been waiting this long together. But I do believe you and I and hopefully the rest of us will be matched soon.

kkasun said...

I hope it happens for you all soon!

S.I.F. said...

Hoping and praying for an end to this wait for you friend... I can't wait for you to be AM3!

Sally Bacchetta said...

Thinking of you!