4/21/11

I Don't Eat Dogs

We do not send a sack lunch with Brice to preschool.  He is a picky eater and we decided he needed to broaden his horizons by eating with his friends and being exposed to new foods.   The idea has somewhat worked.  He has started to eat a few new foods.

Last week the school served hot dogs.  Brice refused to eat anything.  He told his teacher he was not going to eat.  Each time she suggested he take a bite, he said, "huh uh, no way."

Ms. Stacy did not force the issue and made sure to tell me he did not eat lunch. I made him something to eat when we got home.

I asked Brice why he would not eat with his friends.  He said, "I don't eat dogs."

Kids love hot dogs I told him.  He responded, "huh uh, I don't eat dogs.  I don't eat Maggie dogs."

What?!

I tried to explain that hot dogs are food.  Hot dogs are okay to eat. Hot dogs are not made from real dogs.  They are not made from dogs like our beloved pet Maggie.

"Mom, no way.  No thank you!", Brice said.

Alright.

Brice wins.

No hot dogs.

Hot Dogs Pictures, Images and Photos

4 comments:

J said...

Omgosh...that is too funny!!

It Is What It Is said...

Precious. It is sort of awe-inspiring that he has this in his consciousness now. He may grow up vegan yet, you never know :) (spoken by a non-vegan)

Mike and Katie said...

Ha, ha! The visions created in their little minds are so vivid!

S.I.F. said...

HILARIOUS!! I wouldn't have been able to keep a straight face with that one! ;)