2/2/11

Groundhog Day

Today is Groundhog Day, generally a day of torment for me.  If you are unfamiliar with my family history surrounding Groundhog Day you should take a moment and read this post from last year.

My parents live in north Texas and are experiencing planned blackouts today.  This means their power is out for 15 minutes every hour and they have been without the internet.  I was disappointed to not wake to their sarcasm this morning.  In fact, I thought something might be wrong so I called them.

Everything is fine, they knew we had sick kids and they were taking it easy on me this year.  They were waiting until 8 a.m. to call.  

I am sure, they will do their best to work within the limits of the power outages to try to get something together to send me.  I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Haha, that is awesome! Maybe the power outages are THEIR punishment for giving you groundhog issues! ;)