12/21/09

Christmas is Coming!

It's almost here, and we're a little behind.  No surprise.  So instead of cleaning, doing laundry, Christmas shopping, and getting ready for guests...I'm blogging.  Yep, that's how responsible I am.  My kids are in bed, I just read them 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.  My poor husband is at yet another holiday function for work.  This time of year is not all that fun for him, he has a lot of mingling to do.

So here's where we're at, we've not purchased one Christmas present.  Nope, not one.  Yep, it's Dec 21st and not one.  This is the norm for us.  We get it all done in one night, in a few hours.  We make a list, limit our shopping to a couple of stores, avoid the mall like the plague, and we're done.

Usually we're done before now, but in previous years we have been able to take the kids with us and get away with purchasing gifts in their presence and they are none the wiser.  Brice is 4 yrs old now and we can no longer do that.  So...we are waiting for the grandparents to arrive and babysit their grand babies so we can get to it and do it!

Don't worry, the boys will have toys come Christmas day.  I have faith in Ol' Saint Nick.

2 comments:

Sarah Brown said...

I avoid shopping as well--most of it was done last year AFTER the holiday at the sales or online---I am not a mall goer anymore!

shelley said...

LOL!! I totally understand...I was hiding presents in the shopping cart last night. They notice everything!!