10/5/09

The Fair

It is that time of year again...the state fair is here!  We love the fair.  We go every year and have a great time.  We eat all the junk food, look at all the ridiculous items for sale at the booths, visit the animals, the petting zoo, and this year we rode some of the rides.  The fair serves as a reminder of what a big ol' melting pot this world is.  It seems people of all sorts come out to the visit the fair.

The boys got balloon animals.


Brice rode the swings

Rogan must have been worried about how high Brice was in those swings!  He looks terrified.

The kids' building had a huge sandbox, legos, building blocks and a driving course.  Our boys only wanted to play with the cars.


Rogan rode a bucking bronco of a rocking horse.  Whoa horsey!

The kids were exhausted after four hours of fun and Brice had to be carried to the car asleep on his daddy's shoulder.  It was a lot of fun and is always our official kickoff to Fall.

2 comments:

Sarah Brown said...

Fair and carni people are the best freak show in town!!! I LOVE going=) Phoenix has one right now and if it would ever cool off a little I would love to take the kids.

Mrs Garrett said...

We went to ours this weekend too - we didn't make it to the state fair of Texas though - it rained all day Sunday our only day to go - but we had lots of fun at our town festival so that makes up for it - I'm right there with you - I just love fairs - it is right down my alley - they are so much fun - and I think the girls may enjoy them as much as me! Glad there are others out there like me - most the other wives made fun of me for being so excited about going!