7/12/10

Home Study

Tonight our adoption social worker will be coming by our home to visit and update our home study.  We have been through the home study process twice before, but we feel anxious this time too.  I will spend my day dusting, putting away laundry, mopping floors, and cleaning all nooks and crannies.  I know we will not be subjected to a white glove inspection, but I'll go through the cleaning routine anyway.  I am certain Julie (the social worker) will not be looking for dust bunnies and well made beds but it makes me feel better that if she does everything will be done.

Completing the home study makes it all seem real.  Having the social worker in our home makes us feel we are progressing forward.  We hope Julie's visit comes with additional information.  We hope to see a medical history and social history completed by the birth mother and perhaps **fingers and toes crossed** find out the sex of the baby.

Until then I'll clean and organize and get our home in tip top shape.

You may also be interested in:
Locating a home study professional
Home Study Concerns
The Home Study
Where to Start