7/30/10

That's A New One?!

Generally, if I get an email/comment from a hater it is usually someone who is anti adoption. I've entered a new realm of dislike, I am now disliked by hopeful adoptive parents.  I have made it look too easy, while others have waited years to be parents.

I will not apologize, I have done nothing wrong.  We went through the process, we received no special treatment, we tried for several years for biological children before moving to adoption.

Yes, our adoptions have moved along rather swiftly.  It just so happened to be that way. We jumped through the hoops and completed our tasks as quickly as possible.  We wanted to have our side of the process done so our profiles could be shown immediately.

We used an agency and have paid our adoption fees like everyone else.  Choosing to locate a birth mother on your own, adopting through foster care, or using a large agency with many clients may increase your wait.  Each adoption situation is different  and when selecting an adoption route do your research and be realistic about your waiting period.  We always expected to wait a year or longer, we just happened to be chosen sooner rather than later.

I have empathy for those who have suffered through infertility, I have done so myself. I have empathy for those who are waiting for their children.  When we began our waiting periods we never knew if our wait would be a month or a year.

Our third adoption is in the works but it is not set in stone.  The tides may turn and the birth mother may never contact the agency again, move away, or decide to parent.  I am painfully aware of this, we have been through a failed placement.

I began this blog to answer questions, post resources, and share our experiences. Please do not begrudge me or my family for our adoption placements, we have been blessed and I can explain it no other way than that.  If you do not like my blog or my posts move along and make room for someone else who does.  Thanks!