8/27/09

Let's Talk Adoption

Everyday I receive email correspondence from people who have visited my blog.  Emails are received from adoptive parents, birth mothers, adoptees, and adoptive parents in waiting.  I love to visit each person's blog who provides me with their link and to read their stories.  I think it is essential to communicate with others who have gone through the adoption process, from all sides. 

I love providing you with my opinions and experiences, but it is always beneficial to speak to others, you will find that every story is different.  Making connections with others provides us with opportunities to gain knowledge and understanding. 

I had an email conversation with my husband's cousin who is adopted.  She contacted me when I started this blog.  She stated she thought Adoptive Momma of Two was a great idea and felt more people needed to hear about successful domestic adoptions.  She offered to answer my questions.  I jumped at the chance to learn from her perspective.  I wanted to be prepared to answer questions from my boys someday.  I want to be supportive when they come to fully understand their adoption stories.  How else will I learn?

Since, I have connected with so many great people through this blog; I wanted to provide an opportunity for you to connect with each other.  Therefore, I set up a community in The Blog Frog for you to ask questions of each other, tell your stories, debate ideas, and express your opinions.  I only ask that you always keep it civil and polite.  Not everyone shares the same opinions and values as you.  Being different is what makes us special.  If you cannot play by the rules, you will be dismissed from the community.  So, play nice.  If you would like to join The Blog Frog community click on the link on the side bar and join.  I look forward to observing and possibly adding to the discussions.  Now go and learn from each other!