8/27/09

Sorry, We're Closed

I love to get up and around in the mornings.  Sorry, that's a lie.  I hate getting up, but I love to go and do activities during the morning hours.  My boys and I usually do all our running around before noon.  These hours seem to work out the best for us.  Usually stores and parks are less crowded.  We are home for lunch, which prevents us from eating fast food.  We are able to be home by nap time which usually happens around 1 p.m. in our house.  In the summers we beat the heat. 

So today was no different, we were up and at em' and ready to go.  I had big plans for us today.  We were going to go to the Riverwalk, play at the Fun House, have a treat at Marble Slab Creamery, play in the fountains, then head home for lunch and a nap.  I figured we'd be there before everything opened, but we could easily kill time playing on the walking trails and in the fountains.  Well, little did I know nothing opens along the river before 11:00 a.m.  What's the deal?  There were plenty of people around, probably potential customers for the all the little shops and boutiques. 

Instead, we played on the trail,  ran through what would have been the fountains (had they been turned on), and window shopped for a little while.  Soon, we loaded back up and headed to the playground, it's always open.  I guess, it doesn't pay to be the early bird in the these parts.  I was going to try again this afternoon but of course it was cool, cloudy and rainy. 

Here's a picture of my boys enjoying the small waterfall at the entrance.  It was the most excitement they had at the river today.

2 comments:

shelley said...

I hate waiting around for something to open with the kids!!I can't believe they didn't open until 11??

Loved your pictures with the kids and the snakes!! I think Santa brings snakes!!LOL!!!

How do you type and put a line through it??? I have seen that done and have no idea how to do it with my computer??

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

I am the same way!! I hate to get up in the morning but I love to be out in the morning hours..lol..my husband thinks I am crazy!