8/11/09

Just Us

About a month ago, I got an idea to start a blog about adoption. So far, so good. I have received a lot of emails and positive comments about my blog. I even have a few followers...thank you for taking an interest! I thought I should write a short post about us and introduce my family to all of you I've meet through this blog. Anna, that's me...I'm a stay at home mom. I never imagined myself being a full time mom. When I was little I thought I would grow up to be a softball coach. I have a degree in physical education, although I have never used it. When our son Brice was born, I held him for the first time when he was just hours old, looked at my husband and told him I didn't think I would be going back to work. I could never imagine someone else spending their days with my kids. My favorite activities are of course spending time with my family, fishing, hiking, and being outside. I met my husband in the 5th grade, he used to hang out with his friends next to my locker and annoy me. We have been annoying each other since then. We grew up in the same small town and have seen each other almost everyday since we were 10 years old. We began dating when we were 16 and married when we were 23. We dated others but always came back to each other, I guess we were meant to be. We've been married almost 10 years now and it seems like only yesterday we were going to prom together or carpooling to college. Time flies.

Brian, he's my handsome bearded husband and best friend. He is a great dad to our boys. He doesn't think twice about changing a diaper, giving the kids a bath, or picking up toys. He works hard everyday so I don't have to. He loves to hear about our daily adventures at the park, zoo, pool, Bass Pro, or just hanging out at home. He went to law school and managed to graduate and pass the bar exam all while being a newlywed. He's got a great sense of humor and everyone who meets him likes him. He's been known to hike up mountains while carrying a child on his back, he loves to grill, go camping, fishing and root for the Missouri Tigers. He loves driving vacations and sometimes channels Clark Griswold.
Brice, is our oldest son. He's 3 soon to be 4 years old. He fears nothing and makes our hearts skip a beat on a regular basis. He loves snakes, dinosaurs, sea creatures, and rough housing. He's probably the most stubborn child I've ever known, but we wouldn't change a thing about him. He runs everywhere, I mean this literally. He never crawled as a toddler and only walked for one week. He has run everywhere since then. He can't move fast enough. He likes to climb, swing on his play set, swim, and play with his dog Maggie. He loves pudding and would eat it all day long if we allowed it. He is a good big brother and likes to show off for his little brother.

Rogan is our 1 year old. He's the happiest kid you will ever meet. He wakes up with a smile on his face and if he's crying, something really must be wrong. He could spend all day watching his big brother. He does his best to keep up with his brother, but generally gets left behind. He likes to chew on everything and has recently started to get himself into mischief. He likes to be chased around the house and hides under tables and chairs. He giggles nonstop and is currently working on a mouth full of teeth. Maggie is our first adopted family member. Brian brought her home from the pound about 9 years ago and she's been the resident princess pea ever since. She's so patient with our ornery boys and lets them pull her ears and tail, drag her around the house by her collar, and doesn't seem to mind a bit.

That's us, now you know who you're dealing with.

4 comments:

Val said...

I don't know you seem like a pretty awesome family to me! :)

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Great looking family:) Your boys are just so handsome:)

Sarah Brown said...

I sure love you ALL!

Jen said...

It's great to meet you. I check your blog often and always look forward to new posts. Thanks for the intro!!