5/18/10

It's The Small Stuff

The little things in life that matter and make me smile.  Here are a few things that have brought a smile to my face this week in no particular order:

1.  Give a hug!  My 4 year old's new favorite request.  He even stopped me in the grocery store for a hug.  I'll take it.
2.  The Cardinals finally won.  After losing 5 out of their last 6 games.  I love baseball, in case you didn't already know.
3.  My husband came home from work early last night.
4.  He brought me home an Icee.  I love Icees.
5.  Everyone morning when I open Rogan's door and go to get him out of his crib, he starts to giggle and squirm.  He always wakes with a smile.
5.  Mom, please kiss?  Another frequent request from my 4 year old.  Never pass up a kiss from your child even if his kisses taste like peanut butter.
6.  I talked to my mom.  This is an almost daily occurrence.  When she's out of the country on vacation I sometimes feel lost without our daily phone calls about nothing.
7.  Brian unloaded the dishwasher.
8.  Rogan blew me a kiss from the backseat of the car.
9.  A Sonic Dr. Pepper.
10.  A funny email from my husband.

A few little things that have happened this week that made my day a little bit brighter.  I am definitely going to take more time to appreciate the small stuff instead of sweat it.

No comments: