5/25/10

A Failed Placement

We had a failed placement in January 2008.  It has come up lately because we are attempting to adopt again.  Over the last two years I have actually developed a positive attitude about it.  I am one of those people who believe everything happens for a reason.  After stepping back from the situation, I realize maybe the reason is not always about me.

Perhaps, we met with those prospective birth parents because they needed us.  They needed to meet with adoptive parents and see our side.  Maybe we were chosen to help them in their decision.  I believe that failed placement was less about us than it was about them.

Sometimes it is hard not to feel selfish.  I felt betrayed and angry at the time.  I do not feel that way any longer.  I feel thankful.  Thankful they made the right decision for them. Thankful they did not choose us because we would not have Rogan.

We are in the waiting period again.  It is hard not to become selfish and worry about the possibility of disappointments.  It is hard not to wonder everyday if someone is reviewing our profile and selecting our family.  It is simply hard to wait.  If our family is meant to be a family of five we will be.