11/16/09

It's Anna Day!

I've always loved my birthday and I'm kinda of obnoxious about it.  I can't help it, I don't know why.  My parents never made a huge deal of my birthday.  I am an only child, but my birthday was never celebrated anymore than anyone else's.  I just happen to love the idea that we each get our own day each year.  It makes my day a little more special to know I might be thought of a little more today.

I don't care about the presents, cake, or other material stuff that comes with having a birthday.  I don't want for anything.  I live a great life.  I do love the fact that my husband will be home a little earlier tonight to take the kids and me out to dinner.   Brian being home early is a special bonus of it being Anna day.  It's the little things that make my birthday special.


I do not stress about being another year older, by the way I'm 33 today.  I am just thankful to have made another trip around the sun.  I'm thankful for all the love I have in my life.  Here's to another great year ahead, I'm looking forward to it.  Happy Birthday me!

3 comments:

Sarah Brown said...

Happy Anna Day to you my friend!!!! Enjoy it=)

Mrs Garrett said...

Happy birthday - see 33 isn't so bad - it is nice to be as young as you for a few days anyway!! :) Glad you had a great day - hope the dinner was terrific.

shelley said...

Hope you enjoyed your day. That's a great way to think about it!!