11/19/09

Thankful Thursday

It is a week before Thanksgiving and I was sitting here thinking about what to write today.  I just finished reading the adoption blogs of my followers.  Believe it or not I do keep up with you, to the best of my ability.

Many of you are still waiting, some of you have been disappointed, some have already been blessed with children, and some of you are hoping to become parents in 2010.  While reviewing the good news along with the bad news I started to think about all I am thankful for.

A lot of the time we spend our efforts concentrating on what we do not have, especially when we are in the waiting period of adoption.  This time of year we spend time with family and friends, many of them are pregnant or already parents.  Again, we begin to think about what we may be missing out on.

In the spirit of this time of year, I  would suggest thinking of our blessings instead of what we are missing in our lives.  Remember to be thankful for what we already have...a job, a home, a loving spouse, and much more.

It can be a challenge to maintain a positive attitude when on the adoption journey.  Sometimes we may even have to work at it.  Let us get to work then.

2 comments:

Celee said...

When I look back on our adoption journey I am amazed at how God was in control of every single detail, things I didn't even know to pray about. It is so hard to be thankful when you don't know the outcome, but wonderful to look back and praise God for His goodness!

C.C. and Double T said...

Thank you! This was incredibly helpful! Your friend shared several insights that I had not considered, and I look forward to assimilating into our lives when we receive an adoption placement. :-)