3/19/10

Five Question Friday

It's Five Question Friday, you answer five random questions on your blog to help us all get to know each other a little better.  Why not? It's kinda fun.  If you want to participate just click on the link below the questions.  Here are this week's questions and my answers:

1Have you ever had a celeb sighting?
Does a major leaguer count as a celeb?  It's all I've got.  Brian and I went to St. Louis two years ago to watch the Cardinals play.  While eating dinner at Union Station, we noticed Larry Walker sitting at the table next to us.  If you are not a fan of baseball, America's favorite past time, and you do not know who Larry Walker is you should click here.  We did not approach him, or ask for his autograph.  I mean we are fans of the game but we did not want to interrupt his dinner or appear to be lunatics.  Instead we chose to stare, giggle, and whisper like school children.

Have you ever noticed a theme to the getaways Brian and I take together?  Our trips usually include a baseball game.  Romantic I know, but it works for us.  Our first game of the season is Wednesday, we're off to Florida to watch spring training.  I cannot wait to see the bright green grass, sit in the stadium soaking up sun, smell the peanuts and the popcorn.  Take me out to the ballgame, take me out to the crowd...

2. What temperature do you keep your house? 
72 degrees

3. Do you notice dust at other peoples homes? 
Sometimes, I mean if it is thick enough to write some graffiti in it then I notice.  

4. What's the worst job you ever had?  
I would have to say Taco Gringo.  Gringos is a fast food restaurant in my home town.  The food is awesome and dirt cheap.  I worked there for about a month.  I was 16 years old and my parents felt if I was going to have a vehicle I needed to pay for the insurance, learn to be responsible, blah blah blah.  Responsibility meant I had to get a job. I went around town to pick up applications to bring home and appease my parents.  I stopped into Gringos and they asked me, "can you count change?"  I answered yes and they hired me on the spot. Apparently, they had high standards.  It was awful.  We stayed open until 2 a.m.  The hours were long enough for the bars to close, the drunks to come in, order a ton of food, make a mess, and then go puke in the bathrooms.  

5. What is your most sentimental possession?
My boot rock.  It's a polished rock, shaped like a boot.  An elderly man and his wife lived behind us when I was a kid.  He had a pile of rocks, some were polished and we would go through the pile looking for treasures.  He was very kind and taught me a lot of things about the outdoors and nature.  I loved him like a grandfather and he passed away when I was very young.  I still have my boot rock, it sits on a shelf in my living room.  I miss Shorty, he was a good man.

My Little Life

So there are my answers.  Do you know more now than you ever wanted to know about me?  Do you want to participate?  If so, click on the Five Question Friday link above and post these questions and your answers on your blog.  Enjoy your weekend everyone!

7 comments:

Niki said...

Random Question:

Are you going to the Braves/Phillies game on Wed. in FL?

Adoptive Momma said...

6 Question Friday :)

No, we're watching the Cards v. Mets and Cards v. Orioles

Niki said...

LOL. I just thought I would ask since I am in FL (I live here) and headed down on Wed. Too funny! Enjoy!

Adoptive Momma said...

That would have been cool to meet up at the ballpark! We're in Jupiter at Roger Dean stadium.

shelley said...

Fun Post!! I remember Gringos!! Have fun in Florida, sounds like a great trip. Love how you described the ballpark - Perfect!!

Adrienne said...

I am participating in 6 degrees of blogging hosted by Julia stop by my blog and Play along
www.adriennetellsall.blogspot.com
I am so glad I found you because someday I plan to adopt perhaps ...I guess happening upon your blog was good so I am following along now ...very nice indeed ....I hated my teen fast food job at braums too =) I can't imagine working in a taco place

Adoptive Momma said...

Thanks Adrienne I'll stop by your blog!