3/31/10

The Great Outdoors

"Nature all around us boys.  Take it in.  Take it all in." One of my many favorite quotes from The Great Outdoors and I can quote 99.9% of the movie.  Ask anyone who has had the pleasure of watching it with me.  We love the great outdoors and have spent most of the last two days taking it all in.  Today I took the boys to the Oxley Nature Center.  We saw all kinds of neat things like animal skulls, snake skins, deer antlers, we fed the fish and turtles then we walked the trail around the pond. We were not quite ready to come home so we loaded up in the car and headed to the lake.  We threw some rocks in the water and found a few minnows.  After naps and snacks, we walked around our neighborhood, blew bubbles in the front yard and opened Easter cards from Grandma and Grandpa Mitchell.  It was an eventful day.

2 comments:

Sarah Brown said...

Could those boys be ANY cuter?!!!!=)

J said...

I agree with Sarah!

Looks like the boys had a great time...I think boys and outdoors go hand in hand!