3/8/10

What Happened?

I thought I had dealt with my infertility.  I was pretty sure I was so over it.  I wrote about it here and here. I think I might have been wrong or maybe I just relapsed.  I went to my cousin's baby shower this weekend. She talked about the baby rolling around and having the hiccups and how weird it felt.  I was jealous.  I heard all the moms at the baby shower share their birth stories, I had nothing to add.  I know I am blessed with my boys and I could not have "made" more perfect babies for me.  It still stings a little.  I guess it always will.  It's pretty easy to feel like you are over it until it is right under your nose.  Do I want to experience labor?  No, not really, I mean ouch.  Do I want to feel my baby inside of me?  Yea a little.

So when I was away from all my family I shed a few tears.  After feeling sorry for myself I came home and we took the boys to the playground.  Sadness be gone.  I am one lucky mom!  I guess I may always ride this roller coaster. I hope eventually I get a little better at it.

4 comments:

MommySquared said...

I know how you feel ... I think I have it all being blessed with two little girls and then someone tells me they're pregnant ... I've heard you never completely get over not having given birth to a child ... it's more about how you cope day to day ...

J said...

I'm glad you were able to come home to your perfect little boys and take them to the park! I think it is normal to want to experience feeling them move around you but I'm with you, no thank you to labor!

S.I.F. said...

I honestly hope for the day when you don't even think about it anymore... You are one lucky mama, but it's still OK to ache a bit for the things you couldn't have. Keep the oreos near by, just in case! All my love...

Anonymous said...

I've had 3 pregnancies, and they were all wonderful. And now knowing I won't be able to have anymore, so so bittersweet seeing others being able to begin the pregnancy journey. Happy for them, but also wishful that I could do it just once more. It doesn't take away what our daughter will be, but I would have tried to appreciate the last one just a bit more.