4/28/10

Sandra Bullock Adopts!

It was reported this morning that Sandra Bullock adopted a son in January, read about it here. I understand you cannot always believe what you read in the media but I did find some of the "facts" of the story interesting.

  • She and Jesse James began the adoption process 4 years ago.  It is sort of refreshing to know that even Hollywood couples have a waiting period.  It seems that some celebrities just suddenly receive their adopted babies which can be infuriating to those average people who are waiting to adopt.
  • The baby is 3 months old, so I am assuming his adoption has not yet been finalized.  Will their current domestic situation affect the finalization?  I believe the average Joe's home might be deemed unstable and therefore the finalization could be stalled or the post placement home study visits prolonged.  I obviously have no insight to her situation but I am curious.
  • It is reported she and James began the adoption process while together.  The article states she will be a single parent.  I wonder again if that changes things since it appears they applied together.  The child carries her last name not James'.  I find it all very interesting.
Congratulations to Sandra Bullock, I bet she is a wonderful mother and wish her and her son much happiness (as if she cares what I have to say).  I have always been a fan of hers.  Her recent news breaking adoption just peaked my curiosity that's all.  

8 comments:

i'm no miss said...

Hi! I'm stopping by from blog frog.

We have an adopted little sister. And I bet Sandra Bullock cares about what you have to say..or not really hehe

Love your blog!

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Very interesting..

Amy said...

I had the very same thoughts when I read about this. Your point about celebrity adoptions is spot on. I find it encouraging that they started the process four years ago. It does not sound like they used a high powered attorney to find a baby. Sounds like she waited like the rest of us. She seems very level headed and sensible. I wish her much happiness. Lord knows she can use some right now!

Just Believing said...

Well put I wonder about a lot of things with it all but regardless hope nothing is affected because you can see the love in her eyes for her precious son!

Michelle said...

my Mom went to high school with Sandy.

Jesse James released a statement, just FYI, that he decided to let Sandy have the child and has a "hole in his heart" over it because he loves the baby so much.

usually i'd feel bad for him... but this time, he dug his own hole & must live with the consequences.

S.I.F. said...

You have got so many of the same questions I did! I have to say again though, I am so insanely impressed that they kept him a secret! The dedication that alone must have taken - shows what an incredible mother she will be!

Adoptive Momma said...

I'm No Miss, welcome and thanks for reading my blog! I've noticed some other commenters lately that I did not recognize and are new to my blog welcome welcome. I appreciate any and all feedback, questions and post ideas. Email me at adoptivemomma2@yahoo.com

Mary said...

It WAS refreshing that they had to "wait" just like the rest of us.