2/12/10

Clean Up at the Shark Tank!

I took the boys to the aquarium today.  We go there a lot, I am aware of that.  The aquarium is just down the road and we buy passes each year so it is a close and convenient way to get the ants out of the boys' pants.

Brice has been playing with octopus toys a lot lately.  He goes through phases with his favorite toys and this week it has been the octopus.  Of course since we were going to the aquarium we had to take the octopus toys with us. It only makes sense.

We had been standing in front of the shark tank for quite some time watching all the sharks swim pass.  I had not noticed that Brice did not have the octopus toys in his hands.  I was watching the sharks too and apparently not keeping a close enough eye on my child. A mother wearing a sling with her young infant inside, a boy around Brice's age and I assume the children's grandmother walked over and were watching the sharks next to us.

They were ready to move on before us and I did not pay much attention to them until I heard a scream and the little boy crying.  I turned toward the commotion and the mother was picking up the octopus toys that Brice had strategically placed on the ground behind us all and showing him they were just toys and nothing to be afraid of.  I immediately apologized and Brice said, "oops sorrrrwwweeee".  The mother continued to console her son and I walked over with Brice to pick up his toys. The boy's mom said to me he thought the octopus escaped from their tank but he's fine.  They walked away and Brice said, "Uh oh Boss stink!"  He was right, it did stink. I think Brice might have scared the living...uh um daylights out of the poor boy.

So, if the innocent young boy who was probably visiting the Oklahoma Aquarium for the first time and was traumatized, we apologize.  They were not real,  just toys.  If you knew Brice you would completely understand.

3 comments:

Sarah Brown said...

LOL!!!!!

shelley said...

hahahahaha, he is so funny!!!

Anonymous said...

Ohh Anna, I am laughing so hard! I love it!! That's wonderful! I love reading your blogs!!!! Julie Mitchell