2/11/10

Hello Terrible Twos

The terrible twos are upon us.  I had hoped Rogan would be less likely to throw fits because he is a better communicator.  Nope, I was wrong.  He's an emotional roller coaster.  He will be perfectly content and then without warning the storm is upon us.   He will get up and start to walk around screaming, crying and banging his hands on the furniture.  Why?  I have no idea.  I have not been able to figure out what sets him off.  Sometimes a fit starts because he is tired.  Other times all is well, we're sitting around singing Kumbaya (not really I'm being dramatic) and he will get  up walk away and start in.

Brice was fairly easy going during his "terrible twos".  He did not begin to mutate into an angry Gremlin until he was three.  At four he now resembles a fun loving happy go lucky child again.

Looking at the bright side I am happy that perhaps we are getting the "Gremlin" stage over with early.  I'll just have to remember not to feed him after midnight.  Wish me luck!

Don't let his adorable dimples, big brown eyes and seemingly happy demeanor fool you.

2 comments:

Mrs Garrett said...

That is too funny - exactly the same with my two - it must be a second child thing!! :) Beclynn is probably the happiest kid when she is happy and the most upset kid I have ever seen when she is throwing her fit - Maelynn was always pretty mellow - only really upset when hungry and/or tired - she is still that way. However she will stop her fit usually if I say that is enough - saying that to Beclynn just sits her off worse!!

Sarah Brown said...

People don't believe me when I try to explain how Emma can go from sweet to scary in 2.5 seconds flat. I feel your pain though. The best part about Emma's melt downs is that in the middle of her screaming at me she often yells...."but, I loooooove you so much" for some random reason---it makes the meltdown almost bearable!=)