11/17/10

Anna Day Rocked!

Anna Day was the best yet. The weather was beautiful, clear blue sky and fall colors everywhere. I love autumn, most definitely my favorite time of year. Brian took off work at noon and brought home lunch including desserts. After eating our weight in food, we took the boys to the neighborhood playground. The rest of the afternoon was spent watching movies and playing with the kids. Perfection.













I did not get so caught up in Anna Day that I have forgotten about National Adoption Month.  There are so many calendars and suggested daily activities, I have chosen to pick and chose from each of them.  All of the suggested activities are great and as long as you are celebrating adoption you cannot go wrong.  Here are some suggested activities for the most recent days.

Tuesday, November 16

- Subscribe to an adoption themed magazine or one dealing with a specific culture.

Wednesday, November 17

-If your child was adopted internationally display the map of his/her homeland in a prominent place in your home. Make a special dinner that is common in your child's country. For more ideas read Focus on Culture.

Thursday, November 18

- Call your local adoption agency and ask if there is a family who needs mentoring as they wait for a child to be placed in their home.
Click here for 30 days of activities.

5 comments:

Muliebrity said...

Um, I don't see any pictures of Anna on Anna Day!

Adoptive Momma said...

The first picture! Anna is always manning the camera, cannot afford to miss those kid moments. Occasionally Brian will get in the way and I get a picture of him too...Ha!

Muliebrity said...

Oops! My computer hasn't been loading blog pictures well, but I see the Birthday girl this time! Glad you had a great day! "The Call" will come on it's own special day.

shelley said...

Sounds like a fabulous day!! Dessert looked YUMMY!!!

S.I.F. said...

What a great day! I totally want an Anna Day!