11/1/10

Day 1

Adoption Awareness Month begins today!  The adoption awareness calendar  shows today's activity is to read an adoption related book.  I plan to participate in as many of the month's activities as possible and I will log them here.  Please feel free to share how you celebrate this month.

Day 1:  Today during Rogan's nap, I spoke to Brice about adoption.  We got down his adoption box and went through the items inside.  He was most interested in the baby items from the hospital including the umbilical cord clamp.  He thought I was crazy when I told him it was attached to his belly button.  We looked at photos taken the first few days after his birth and I read him the book, Did My First Mother Love Me? by Kathryn Ann Miller.

Tomorrow's activity - "Celebrate your child's heritage through a new recipe, a cultural dance, or traditional fairytales. If your child's heritage isn't different from your own, let your child select any heritage for your family to learn more about and to celebrate."

No comments: