11/9/10

Locate a Social Worker

One of the first steps in the adoption process is the home study.  The home study is conducted by a social worker.  When we began the process we knew we needed a social worker but did not know where to begin to find a social worker who would conduct the home study.  We found our social worker through an internet search and a little bit of luck on our side.  We did not use a database of social workers but I have since then found such a database.  If you are in need a of an adoptions social worker you should start with the National Association of Social Workers who has partnered with HelpPro to create a Social Worker Finder.  I hope this tool assists you in finding a social worker so you may begin your adoption journey.

2 comments:

Breeann Hamp said...

Wow, I am so new to all this blogging stuff but your blog is so impressive. I am trying to get into the adoption industry and your blog is full of info and links. Are you doing all this research and promoting as a hobby, or for profit? I am adopted myself and recently reunited with my birthparents. I also adopted my little boy and took him to reunite with his birthparents last month. You know your stuff! You go girl!

Adoptive Momma said...

I am an adoptive parent and stay at home mother. My husband and I often felt lost and confused during the adoption process. After experiencing two adoptions, two failed placements and currently waiting to baby #3, we have become somewhat knowledgeable of the process.

I am in contact with other bloggers from all sides of the triad. I belong to list servs and online adoption communities. My husband is an attorney and has begun to dedicate a small portion of his practice to adoption relinquishments and finalizations. We know where to locate the info and we want to share our knowledge.

I am in no way compensated for my blogging efforts. We are a family formed through adoption and we want to help others anyway we can.

Thanks so much for your kind comment.