11/7/10

Employers Support Adoption

Best Workplaces Updated for 2010

The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption released its fourth annual 100 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces list. Topping the list of organizations was Wendy’s/Arby’s Group, which provides up to $24,300 in financial aid and six weeks paid leave for employees who adopt. The Foundation reported an average of $5,500 in financial reimbursement and five weeks of paid leave.
See the full 2010 list at davethomasfoundation.org. Learn how to encourage your company to establish adoption benefits at adoptivefamilies.com/topcompanies.
_______________________________
National Adoption Month- Saturday was the 6th day of the month and the adoption related task was to blog about adoption awareness.  I do this pretty regularly, but I was out of town on Saturday so I am catching up with a quick post today.
Today's task is to bake cookies for the individuals who assisted you in the adoption process.  A great idea!  Our adoption agency is in San Antonio, TX I'm afraid our cookies would be stale by the time they arrived...bummer.
To see the entire month of adoption observances click here!



4 comments:

Amanda said...

That's cool, thanks for sharing...I left you an award on my blog, it's the Cherry on Top award!!

Adoptive Momma said...

Wow, thanks!

Theresa said...

My employer did nothing for those who adoptive - not even paid leave. When I was in the process of adopting my first child, I went to HR and talked to them about it. Thankfully they realized it was completely unfair and wrong. Soon afterwards they implemented a reimbursement policy. I would have also liked paid time off but I'm glad my company did something. I think people who believe in adoption should simply ask the question to their employer as you never know what will happen.

Theresa said...

meant to say those who adopted...