11/12/10

Chuck

For no apparent reason, other than to mess with his grandfather's head, Brice has taken to calling my dad "Chuck".  My dad's name is Mike.  Brice has always called him Grandpa, until yesterday.  Yesterday, he decided he would call him Chuck.  We do not know anyone named Chuck.  Brice has never been around anyone named Chuck.  He has no friends at school named Chuck.  I have never noticed any cartoon characters named Chuck.  It appears he pulled "Chuck" out of thin air.

It is hilarious to hear Brice say, "Hey Chuck!" or "Chuuuuucccck, I'm talking to you."  No matter what, I am afraid from this day forward my dad will be known as Chuck or Grandpa Chuck.

Brice has a way of making up names for people.  If you recall, I was known as "Boss" for a long while.  I am now thankful he calls me "Mom".  It keeps me from having to give strangers awkward explanations when he would yell across a store aisle, "Hey Boss!".

Oh Briceman, he's an original.  We wouldn't change a single thing about him.

4 comments:

Kim said...

My nephew calls my parents "Grandma and Grandpa Travis" because Travis is my baby brother (4 years older than my nephew). He also calls his other grandparents "Grandma and Grandpa Goats" because they have goats. I think my parents got the better end of the deal :-)

kkasun said...

So cute!

Mostly Jessica said...

That's cute. There is a toy named Chuck and it's a truck with a face on it.

S.I.F. said...

OK, that is hysterical!! I think Chuck is a great name for a grandpa though! :)