1/6/10

Ola Zuri

I received a link on my Facebook page today linking me to this website. After reviewing her blog I learned a little more about Ola Zuri, a children's book author.  She writes books about issues relating to transracial adoption.  Here is an excerpt from her profile:

Ola Zuri was adopted trans-racially at two years of age. She writes books for children to help develop a positive self esteem. She currently lives in the sunny Okanagan Valley of British Columbia with four of her five children, where she is working on her next children's title. This is the first in a series of books with topics relating to transracial adoption, racism, fitting in, questions about family, identity, and most of all, self esteem and self confidence. The inspiration for these stories has stemmed from her own personal experiences as a transracial adoptee and the various areas of difficulty that have been discussed with her by other adoptees, adoptive parents and birth parents. To learn a little more about Ola and her book(s), please check out her blog


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The books Ola Zuri has written are amazing! I bought them both because I really love the powerful messages she has to offer my children and even me. I am excited to get all of the books in her series. What she is doing for all children and families is great. I am going to talk to my daughter's school about bringing her to the school for a presentation.