1/24/10

Our Weekend

Our parents came to visit the boys yesterday.  After kids your parents no longer come visit you even if you are only children like us.  They come to see the grandkids and we are okay with that.  We decided since we had the grandparents here we would slip out of the house for a couple of hours and have a date.  A real date!

We decided on dinner and bowling.  We had appetizers at a local sports bar where we watched the Missouri v. Nebraska basketball game.  (If you haven't figured it out, we live for sports)  During dinner Brian reminded me of a funny story.

When we were in college together Brian and I took a lifetime activities class.  Brian needed the credit and I was a physical education major so all of my classes were basically ping pong, badminton, swimming, you get the idea.  Anyway, in our class we completed two activities and had two tournaments, bowling and tennis.

We both passed the class with flying colors and competed against each other in the finals of bowling and tennis.  I couldn't remember and I had to ask Brian why were we not partners instead of competing against each other.   Brian reminded me the teacher would not allow us to be.  Our teacher was a football coach and he would not allow us to be partners in class because we were too competitive and the two of us together was apparently a no go.  Sounds about right.

Brian beat me to win the tennis tournament which makes sense because he was the one who taught me how to play tennis.  He played throughout high school and I played my senior year and one year in college.  As for the bowling tournament, he and his partner won that as well but only because Brian bowled out of his mind.  He bowled a 250 or something like that in the final.   It was uncharacteristic and I am certain he only bowled so well because he refused to lose to me.  It is okay, I embarrassed him with my superior bowling ability last night.

It's a good thing we are not too sore of losers or we probably never would have made it.  I think that football coach would be surprised we can be partners and have been for the last 10 years.

4 comments:

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

So glad you guys went out!! Such a cute couple!!

Mrs Garrett said...

So cute - Chris is a terrible loser - but has gotten better since I usually only beat him 1 out of 5 times. And I don't make to big of a deal out of it on the outside - but on the inside I'm gloating like he usually does every time he wins!! :) Guess it works for us!

Sarah Brown said...

Love that and love you both!=)

J said...

You guys make an adorable couple!